S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
时间:2023-12-02 16:46:04 出处:영화阅读（143）
A senior South Korean diplomat has held talks with the new US special envoy for North Korean human rights and agreed to cooperate in launching a consultative body to better address the rights situation in the North, Seoul's foreign ministry said Tuesday.
Chun Young-hee, director general for the Korean Peninsula peace regime, and Ambassador Julie Turner met Monday and discussed efforts to coordinate over North Korean human rights issues, it said.
Turner, who is currently visiting Seoul on a three-day trip, was officially sworn in Friday, ending more than six years of vacancy at the post.
Chun congratulated Turner on her appointment, saying the two countries could strengthen joint efforts to improve North Korea's human rights situation and hold the North accountable for the issue.
He also proposed launching a consultative body on North Korea's human rights to discuss specific cooperative measures between the two countries, according to the ministry.
The two sides agreed to maintain close communication to launch the consultative body via diplomatic channels at the earliest date possible. (Yonhap)
- [Today’s K
- Hyundai Ioniq 7 may start production in July next year
- [Herald Interview] When ‘comedy freak’ filmmaker makes rom
- Fifty Fifty’s agency, Attrakt, files W1b compensation claim against The Givers
- [Herald Interview] Netflix's ‘Devil’s Plan’ expands realm of survival game shows
- Zandari Festa kicks off with local, foreign indie bands
- Seoraksan cools below freezing as autumn takes hold
- Samsung chief explores new growth drivers in Middle East
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy